Friday, September 10, 2010

Book Review: Outlive Your Life by Max Lucado

I have always enjoyed the writing style of Max Lucado. I think most people do. However, Outlive Your Life: You Were Made to Make a Difference is (in my opinion) his best book yet. It is not your typical call to action for Christians. He uses every day situations, everyday news headlines, and a deep love for Jesus to show us how we can reach the world.
Max Lucado is obviously well-versed in the numbers regarding poverty and hunger and homelessness. He doesn't stop there, though. He doesn't just quote some statistics and ask what we're going to do about it. He uses instances in his own life where he had the choice to make a difference in the simplest of ways, and he lets us know when he acted on them. Max Lucado has made helping others as real as I have ever seen/read it.
I cannot think of one instance in this book when I was thinking something other than "wow!". Great motivation, great inspiration, great conviction...all from a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment