Friday, April 9, 2010

More For Free

I had to run out to Target yesterday, since my 2 year old decided to poke a hole in her pillow and pull the stuffing out. GRRRRR.

Since I had all 3 girls with me, I decided to make a whole trip of it and use up some coupons for free items. Here's what I got and what I paid:

Air Wick I-Motion Starter Kit $6 (sale price)
2 Tide travel size pouches $.97 each
1 Suave Professionals Shampoo $1.92
1 Suave Professionals Conditioner $1.92
1 Pillow $4.54 (sale)
1 GE Smart Energy Lightbulb $2.99
1 GE Reveal Lightbulb 4-pack $2.49
1 Suave Kids Body Wash $1.94

Coupons:
$5 off Air Wick (mfr)
$2 off Air Wick (target cpn)
2- $1 off any size Tide
$2 off GE Smart Energy (mfr)
$1 off GE Smart Energy (target)
$2 off GE Reveal (mfr)
$1.50 off GE Reveal (target)
$1.00 off 2 Suave Professional products (mfr)
$1.00 off 2 Suave Professional products (target)
$.50 off Suave Kids Body Wash (mfr)
20% off any Bedding item (target)

My total? $7.46!!!! I'd say that was a steal! The receipt said my total savings was $25.40! I saved over 75%!

Ok, so the only item I really NEEDed was the pillow and the kids body wash, but hey, the rest was free (or very close to it!). The Tide coupons were about to expire and they were for "any size", so I knew to use them on the travel sizes to get them free. The lightbulb deals I learned about online, and the AirWick deal I knew about since a few weeks ago when I got my other AirWick item free. :)

I attended a Super Couponing class on Wednesday night at our library, so I am very excited on my savings after that class and extremely looking forward to the savings starting on Sunday. I plan to get some REALLY great deals on Monday for groceries.

I'm a HUGE nerd, but that's ok. I like thinking about having leftover budgeted money to use on the family in other ways. Maybe we'll be able to take that vacation this year after all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment