Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins and Savings

I made Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins last Friday. Delicious! Found the recipe in my Cooking Club magazine. I was hesitant in making them simply because I'd never had strawberries in bread or muffins before and wasn't quite sure how the texture would be after baking. I was pleasantly surprised when I tasted them. The chunk of cream cheese in the middle really made them great! My girls liked them, too. I gave a couple away to friends and family, who all gave good reviews as well. The only thing I didn't do was take a picture of them! Ugh! I could have shared them on here, but oh well. Maybe next time...

Also, I planned a trip to both Jewel and Dominick's for yesterday just to grab a few sale items, since I wouldn't be doing an actual grocery trip until Thursday after the sales ended. I scored 4 jumbo packs of Baby Basics diapers from Jewel for only $12! They were on sale for $7.99 each, so I bought 4 to get over $30 and trigger the $10 back coupon at the register. So, That brought me to $20 and I had some Your Bucks left over after first coming in and purchasing Post cereals with coupons and getting discounts and Your Bucks back. So, the 4 packages of diapers were a good deal. And now I have $10 for Jewel to use on my next baby purchase! More diapers! :)

I also went to Dominicks to get some V-8 VFusion juices for $1.74 each (2), 2 bologna packages for $1, an 8 pack of Gatorade for $4.49 (not a great sale, but it'll do!), eggs for $.69 (they were $1.39 with an odd 50% clearance sticker on them; I think because their expiration is the 19th), and a few other cheap items. Total there was $11.

Today, I transferred a prescription online from Walgreens over to CVS and went in to pick it up and scored a $25 CVS gift card as well as my 2% earnings from my winter spending (only $4, but I'll do better this next quarter!). So, all in all, it was a good start to my week. I spent $5 today on the prescription and got back $29 to use at CVS! Can't wait for tomorrow's paper to get here with the new sales ads, so I can map out my shopping for Thursday or Friday.

After naps, we have to head back to CVS as I forgot to buy milk. DUH! And I'll see what other things I can score with the gift card and get back some ECB's!

God has been extremely good lately. Ok, so He's always extremely good, but I'm really starting to be aware of how He provides and how He helps remind me how to wisely use our family's money to get what we need, a few things we like, and how to keep saving for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment