Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturday's Sarcasm

I should NOT read those "super mom" blogs after sleeping little the night before. Boy does that make me feel crappy. 

One mom posted her "24 Books I'm Reading in 2011". What>!?! Seriously. 24 books? None of them were children's books.....she read the kids' books aloud IN ADDITION to her 24 books. Give me a break! Not the best thing to read first thing this morning. 

Last night, Addy woke up screaming right before we were about to enjoy a movie in bed. UGH! It was almost 10 PM, and I actually had just planned on falling asleep during the movie. Guess that wasn't happening. We brought her into bed with us; I think she had a bad dream in her crib because each time we tried to put her back in bed after consoling her, she would start screaming (not just whining) again. 

Soooo, she slept with us. We didn't watch the movie. Addy kicked and punched me all night; she is a restless sleeper - likes to roll back and forth, sometimes trying to roll over my face!

Then, about 5AM - definitely before we had WANTED to get up - Iris comes out crying that she wet the bed. Arthur went in to take the sheets off while I washed her up. He came out grumbling that she had not only wet through to her mattress (awesome!), she'd also stood by the door and wet all over the floor...and he'd stepped in it. (great!) I made her a bed on the floor since we had to wait for the cleaning stuff on the mattress to dry. We tried to
go back to sleep for another hour, but Addy once again was kicking and rolling and hitting.

Arthur got up, showered and dressed before Iris and Lily got up. They went downstairs to start breakfast, while Addy continued to snooze next to me. I wanted to get up and away from her flailing arms, but our bed is too high off the ground to leave her unattended. I heard the girls telling Arthur they wanted bacon, when all of the sudden Addy woke up and said "bacon." She didn't wake up all night when I'd move her over away from my face, but at the first sound of food she 's up. UGH! I'm glad she was able to sleep without waking in our bed, but I'm feeling awfully jealous of her this morning. Where's MY good night's sleep?!

I have a headache and I'm very hungry; I have no energy to make anything for breakfast (although bacon DOES sound pretty good right now). The girls are playing, I mean fighting, upstairs with the Polly Pocket stuff. Addy almost fell asleep in her highchair during breakfast, so I'm not sure what's going on with her. She seemed rested, but then she seemed tired again. I really hope she's not getting sick.

We did go to the Y yesterday; hopefully Addy didn't pick up any sicky germs there that she's fighting off. :( It's tough to have the youngest one sick, especially while I'm pregnant and holding her isn't always comfortable. 

So, everything I planned to do today (cleaning, marinating meat for tomorrow's lunch, organizing, curriculum deciding, etc.) may not get done. I'm having a hard time with that; it is actually angering me to think about it. I know my fuse will be short today. I really need to go do my devotions before I do anything else today. I need some encouragement. Ok, I really need a slap in the face to get me going. 

Poor Arthur had to work today; I bet he'll be super tired by the time he gets home. We're supposed to go to a new small group that is meeting tonight. Arthur is supposed to get out of work at 5, but they have a service that's ENDING at 5. Who knows if that family will leave on time or if he'll have to stick around to clean up after them. His occupation is so hard to plan around; it's so hard to commit to things because anything can come up at the last minute and he's obviously obligated to stay. I mean, what's he going to say, "I'm sorry your mother just died. I have a dinner to go to. You'll have to call/come back another time."  :) So, more than likely we will not make it tonight. I'm bummed because the couple hosting it are really nice, and they have kids, too, so they understand the whole trying to get together or plan small groups around kids things. And I was excited to hear the whole idea for the group. AND, we were all going to have dinner together. 

I have a feeling I'll be glad when this day is over because I'll get nothing done here and I'll be super upset if we don't make it to the small group tonight. Then, I have nursery duty tomorrow morning, so I'm going to miss Pastor's message. 

At least there's the Bears game to look forward to, right? :) 

God is good. He doesn't give us anything we can't handle WITH HIM. Gotta remember that today; I am definitely not going to be able to do this on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment