Friday, June 24, 2011

House Help: Less Stress Solutions

A few ideas to help get started with keeping up on housework:

FlyLady - this woman is amazing! She lays out a schedule for daily things to do around the house, weekly things to schedule, and ways to make work habitual.

Start slow. Find 3 things you want to make a daily habit. Write them down, write a time down that you want to be doing each one (before breakfast or 9AM or last thing before bed), so you know WHEN you should do them and can get into the habit of doing them at those times.

Find a friend. I am sure all women/mothers struggle with balancing housework with kids and life. Find a friend that you know will be an encouragement to get you going - someone you can call when you're not motivated, someone who will give you that kick in the butt when you need it. I think for me, this would be my sister. :) She doesn't know it, but she's a huge encouragement to me. I haven't asked her for that kick in the butt, but her attitude towards everything is a huge motivator for me!

LISTS! Make a daily list of what you want to get done - from things you already do (make your bed, take a shower) to the things you want to start to incorporate. Checking off the list works wonders for our mental states! :)

Lastly, be understanding. You won't be completing a list 100% of the time. There will be days you will not get things done. It's life. I have the hardest time letting this go. If I can get over my imperfection, I'd be perfect. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment