Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I'm Back!

After a great 10 days of adjusting, I am ready to be back on the blog! Today is my husband's first day back to work, but I have my youngest sister here to help out with the kids. I am feeling very well, so that is wonderful! The baby is so easy - eating well, sleeping pretty well (3-4 hrs at a time at night!...haven't had that since Iris!), and generally just likes to sleep or be held. And, that is totally ok with me!

This morning, after hubby left, I got out some "school" workbooks for the girls to work on. Iris did great with the "greater than/less than" themes, and Lily was a bit distracted to work on rhyming but she had fun circling and coloring.

Addy seems to be struggling right now. She is talking back, throwing tantrums and just all around whiny. I expected it - each of my girls went through it when the next one was born. It takes some getting used to and patience on our end. For her, she'll have to just get over it. Not paying attention to the tantrum, walking away and ignoring her all together while she throws herself around is what I think will work best. Disciplining her for crying or throwing herself on the floor doesn't seem to do anything but give her attention, which is what she ultimately wants....so if I ignore her, I think that sends a bigger message that she'll lose out on any attention if she acts that way. But, we'll see - she's 2, so this might take a while. :)

I will start up again with my daily theme with today's Favorite Food Deal of the Week...as my next post. I am hoping to stay on top of each day's posts, but my husband is actually scheduled off tomorrow and Friday, so if I miss those days I apologize. I should be able to double up on posts on Saturday to make up for any missed ones for Thursday and Friday.

We are taking my sister home tonight, so Saturday will be my first day alone ALL DAY with the kids. :) I am ready to get back to our routine and to find a way to make this work. :) Iris and Lily are pretty helpful, but they still have their arguments and moments of teasing each other. And I think being stuck inside during this heat wave makes them feel a little bored, so I need to stay on top of changing activities for them frequently. I think Saturday will be a little cooler and sunny, so maybe we can get outside with Artie for some fresh air!

No comments:

Post a Comment