Saturday, October 16, 2010

NCP, btw. lol.

I am on the waiting list, no more! You are reading the blog of an official National Consumer Panelist. Yes, I AM that dorky. :) I heard a while back that they were taking applications, so I signed up and registered and whatnot, thinking I'd never get it. But, yesterday I received my official purchases scanner and handbook. Whoo-hoo! I've never felt this important.

So, basically, what I do is scan all my purchases' barcodes each week and then their scanner transmits (through our internet) all that info and they just keep track. Kind of like an ongoing survey of different American homes and what they buy. It kind of seems like it will get time-consuming and possibly old after a while, but if I am consistent there are reward points I earn each week and can trade in for prizes. Since it's still new and I haven't actually scanned anything yet, I am super excited!

Yesterday, my husband was off so we took the girls for a walk at the forest preserve. The trees are really starting to change color, so it was very pretty to walk through. Iris didn't feel like running for very long ("i have no energy"), but Lily was like a marathoner. She kept running and running and running....almost a whole mile of running for her! That's pretty good for a 3 year old! Addy just rode in the stroller and loved every minute of it. I really like being able to do things outdoors when it's not too hot and the girls get all sweaty and tired real quick and when it's not too cold ("mom, my hands are freezing off!"). Fall is such a great time to do this! Then, we came back and had Chicken Lemon Rice soup for dinner with my in-laws and some homemade applesauce. Oh yeah, applesauce...

Thursday, we did apple picking with the girls' preschool class. Brought home 3 plastic shopping bags full of apples! Needless to say, it was applesauce making time! This was my first attempt to make it myself, so I called an expert - my mother. :) Mine turned out really tasty. I was impressed. I still have about 15 apples left, that I'll make 2 apple pies with.....just not today. I'm tired from the apple peeling and cutting, the nature walk, and the soup making. Lots of time on my feet the past few days.

Today is low-key, except for a fun Halloween portrait party put on by my good friend Erika of Just Peachy Photography. The girls are excited they get to wear their Halloween costumes before Halloween, and I'm excited to hopefully get some of their energy out. Should be a fun time!

All in all, it was a super great week. I am excited to see the pictures Iris and Lily took this past week at school. I dolled them up big time in pretty dresses and hairbows, so I have some high expectations for how they turned out. They're both pretty photogenic, so it should be really cute!

Tomorrow is church and, hopefully, a really long nap for everyone before we start the weekly routine again. Next weekend is pumpkin carving, the weekend after that is birthday party and Halloween. The fun never stops around here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment