Monday, December 6, 2010

Cold

It is FREEZING out today. Actually, it's below freezing. I haven't stepped outside yet, and I don't plan to.

We had a fantastic time at our friend's annual Christmas party on Saturday night. All of the kids there played so well and behaved great for being up past bedtimes! :) It was a nice evening, with plenty of very good food.

Addy had an explosive diaper yesterday right before we were trying to go to church. I thought maybe she'd had too much chocolate milk with breakfast and too many sweets the night before, so we cleaned her up and went to church. She didn't appear ill at all, and still doesn't. Then, she had another explosive diaper late yesterday afternoon and again this morning. So glad today is our scheduled laundry day! She still isn't whiny or complaining of anything, so I'm not sure what's going on with her. It's always hard when they can't speak in sentences to explain if anything hurts or doesn't feel right. Plus, both Arthur and myself have sensitive stomachs....along with the rest of our families...so, it's very hard to tell what her tummy issue is. She's been on bananas, yogurt, applesauce, and acidophilus, so we'll see how that works out for her in the next 24 hours. She's taking a really good nap right now and slept in this morning, so hopefully her little body is fighting it off. 

But, of all days to have her tummy troubles, today is the best because it's too cold to go anywhere, it's not a preschool day, and I'm already washing clothes, so a few more poopy ones are ok. :)

Other than that, we've been lying low. Church was awesome, as always. Pastor spoke about anger. And one of the verses he referenced (which I always forget the book, chapter and verse for) is one that I absolutely love: "out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks." Such a great verse to bring to mind when I say something hurtful or just plain dumb. What's really in my heart if THAT is what I am choosing to say? 

The girls enjoyed not having anywhere to go today. I let them stay in pajamas til lunchtime (something we NEVER do!), and they played with Moon Dough and watched 2 Barney movies this morning. It's been a busy and fun day so far with them. They're behaving much better today than they were last week, so I'm really hoping my change in attitude and patience is part of that reason. I don't believe that our rough week last week was all because of them. I know it was me, too. But, today, I'm ecstatic that we're doing so well. 

Pork chops for dinner, along with biscuits, some form of potatoes (maybe garlic mashed potatoes), and either salad or carrots. Today is a great soup day, so I may be changing that to a soup with pork in it. We'll see; the day is still young. :)

We had our first big snow this season on Friday night/Saturday morning. The girls wanted to play outside as soon as they got up, so at 8am we were outside playing. Addy recognizes what snow is this year, so she was very excited to go out in it. She did look like a giant pink marshmallow in her snowsuit, though! Then we came in and had hot chocolate and marshmallows.

I was supposed to go to Women's Bible Study Saturday, but after playing with the girls I was exhausted. Turns out no one showed up for Bible Study, so I didn't feel AS bad, but I know I should have gone. I am glad I didn't miss the lesson, though. I am really enjoying the series we're going through, "A Woman After God's Own Heart" by Elizabeth George. Really great and inspiring, as well as convicting. 

I hear Lily waking up...she is so loud sometimes! haha. Excited to do some more playing this afternoon....INDOORS!

No comments:

Post a Comment