Monday, December 27, 2010

Yummy Cracker Toffee

I'm pretty sure I've had this before, but this is the first time making it. Cracker Toffee. Or Brittle Cookies. Or whatever people are calling it. I have a craving for chocolate, but not the packaged Christmas candies we have. I want something with chocolate chips in it. So, here's what I just made:

Saltines - line a baking sheet with them
1 cup brown sugar and 1 stick butter - melt them til gooey on stovetop
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Pour gooey sugar mess over crackers lining pan.
Bake for about 5 minutes or until sugar is bubbling on top of crackers
Sprinkle 2 cups of chocolate chips over hot sugar crackers. Let sit for a few minutes to melt. Spread chocolate evenly over all crackers. Place pan in freezer for about an hour or until chocolate has hardened. Break into pieces to eat! (or you can bag them and keep in the freezer to give out as gifts!!)

Yum. Mine's in the freezer now. In about 58 minutes, I'm going to chow down on that goodness! :) Too bad the girls are in bed.....NOT. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment