Friday, December 17, 2010

Countdown to Christmas!

I can't believe it's only 8 days until Christmas! I'm so excited! We have so much going on in the next week, but I can't wait to do it all.

Yesterday was Iris and Lily's Preschool Christmas program and party. It was very cute. Iris was the only one of the kids that really sang. Lily kept jingling her bells even after teacher was whispering for her to hold them still. Addy, surprisingly, sat still through the whole thing. It was a cute selection of songs, and they all did a good job. 

Iris' godmother, Jackie (and my future sister-in-law), was able to come to the party and program. Soooo thankful she was there to help chase Addy down during the party. :) Then, Jackie came back to the house and cut all our hair. We are all trimmed up for the next few weeks. One more thing to check off the list!

Last night, my in-laws came over for dinner and to see the girls. They gave the girls sock monkeys. Very cute; they all have a different pattern on them, so that'll help tell them apart. Iris named hers "pinky"; Addy named hers "baby". Lily hasn't named hers yet. I don't think she likes the idea of naming it; she seems very logical and naming a stuffed animal doesn't seem to make sense. That's my girl. :)

For dinner, we had Tagliarini. I forget where I found the recipe but it's healthy and delicious, and it feeds 6 to 8, which was perfect for all of us last night. Here's the recipe:

Tagliarini

1-2 lbs ground beef (i used chicken last night)
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped (or 1 heaping tsp garlic powder
2 tsp salt
2 tsp chili powder
2 TBSP honey
1 28oz can diced tomatoes
2 cups water
1/2 lb dry noodles
2 cups shredded cheese

Brown beef (or cook chopped chicken til no longer pink) with pepper, onion, and garlic. Drain liquid. Pour into 9x13 pan and add salt, chili powder and honey. Mix together then add tomatoes and water. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until boiling. Add noodles and sprinkle cheese over all. Bake another 30 minutes or until noodles are tender and cheese is completely melted. 

Muy delicioso! :)

Today, the girls and I will finish up the last 2 gifts we need to buy. And then I will make a batch of cinnamon rolls and some pumpkin cranberry bread to take to Grandma's breakfast tomorrow. Tomorrow night is our evening in Chicago with some of my brothers and cousins. Then Sunday morning, we will go to my parents' church. Sunday evening I have to be at our church at 5pm to rehearse for our Christmas program, during which I will do a reading. Then, we are invited to our small group leader's home for desserts after the program. 


Arthur then works Monday through Wednesday before we head back to my parents' house Wednesday night to stay through Friday and celebrate Christmas with them. Friday night, we will come back this way to my in-laws to celebrate with them. Then we will be home late Christmas Eve, to wake up and spend the day with our girls here at home. Busy week ahead, but I cannot wait to experience it all with my family. :) My girls are so excited about Christmas and seeing everyone. We've been doing the Advent calendar (with chocolate candies, of course), and the girls are so excited that they have gotten a piece of candy every day this month....which is so abnormal for our house! :)


Merry Christmas to all, in case I don't get a moment to post it next week! Have a safe and wonderful Christmas with your families. And I hope we don't lose sight of what the real meaning of Christmas is and take at least a moment to thank God for giving us the best Gift of all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment