Thursday, December 2, 2010

He Knows Best

All the girls are taking a nap today! I cannot believe it. Iris isn't asleep, but she's at least quiet and in the bed. Lily and Addy are asleep, though, which is great! God is good. I just needed to slow down and take a breath, while trying to correct them. Yelling and showing my anger doesn't make them want to do anything. It pays to be patient!

That's all. I just wanted to get this in here before they woke up. ;) I'm actually afraid to do anything for fear they'll awake. LOL. But, I did enjoy some yummy Chocoholic Cake I made last night (thanks to my mom for the recipe). Deelish! 
Here's the recipe:
Cake:
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 box chocolate instant pudding (the 3 ounce size)
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
4 eggs
2 cups chocolate chips

Frosting:
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2-3 TBSP water
2 TBSP butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate

Mix cake mix, pudding, milk, sour cream and eggs. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into greased and floured bundt (or any tube) pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes (mine was ready at 53 minutes, per my cake tester). Cool 10 minutes in the pan. Turn over onto plate and cool 30 minutes. 
Melt chocolate and butter in saucepan. Add powdered sugar and just enough water to be able to stir with whisk. Stir in vanilla. Pour on slightly cooled cake.

(I was out of baking chocolate and cocoa powder, so I just made it as a vanilla powdered sugar frosting. I used a little less water- like maybe 2 TBSP total - so it wasn't runny.)
So yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment