Friday, December 3, 2010

Good Company

For the past 2 days, my neighbor and I have been trying to get together. The timing was off because either her son was napping or my girls were napping or things came up. So, she surprised me this afternoon and came over before I even texted her that my girls were done with nap! Yay!

We didn't really have anything important to talk about, but we hadn't chatted in a couple weeks. It was so nice to talk to another adult about adult things - anything other than boogers and cartoons, that is. :) She is a Christian and even if we don't get into any deep talk about God, it's always so easy to talk to her. She is a newer mom, so we have that in common in addition to our relationship with God. 

I don't think we covered any big topics, but her company is always a reprieve from the crazy yelling girls. My girls like playing with her little boy....and by playing, I mean getting in his face and taking his paci. LOL. BUT, it keeps them occupied and away from teasing each other! 

Sometimes it's the little things that mean the most. I meant to text her all day and let her know that this afternoon would be perfect for her to come over, but of course I forgot and decided to lie on the couch while my girls napped. So, I'm super happy she just came on by. I think she was here for an hour, but I feel refreshed and a little more energetic. It was like I had a moment of recharging just with a little adult conversation. Thank God! 


I should keep in mind when there's someone I need to call or see, that I should just do it....it might be just the thing they need for a little recharge!

No comments:

Post a Comment