Monday, December 27, 2010

Meatless Mondays

So, I have been trying a new thing, Meatless Mondays, for a couple weeks now. It was going well, until today. I am so lost on what day it is because we've been off schedule, that I pulled out meat to defrost for dinner. Then, I remembered about an hour ago that it's Monday. Oops. Oh well, I am doing an easy ground beef dish because I'm still exhausted from the holidays; pregnancy tends to do that to me - drags out my exhaustion about 4 days longer than the normal person's. :) 

Tonight, it's Ground Beef Stroganoff for dinner. I am serving it over rice, with green beans and rolls. I'm excited. For some reason, stroganoff sounded really good. I haven't made or had it in probably a year. Here's the recipe I snagged from Cooks.com....

1 pound lean ground beef
1 small onion, chopped (or for tonight, i'm lazy and just using onion powder)
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
rice, noodles, whatever (i've heard mashed potatoes is also tasty with this)

Brown the beef with the onion. Drain. Add salt, pepper, and soup. Simmer 15-20 minutes (i added a little water because it seemed awful dry to have sit for 20 minutes). Add sour cream and heat for 5 more minutes. Serve over rice or noodles.

Maybe I'll make it a meatless Tuesday tomorrow. That'll save me the trouble of pulling meat out of the freezer....because it's oh so much work! HA.

Today, we played with the girls' new Play-Doh Ice Cream Shoppe set. That occupied them, without fighting, for about an hour! Addy even got in on it from her highchair. Then she ate some of the blue play-doh....and was done. :) I am STILL working on laundry...Day 2. I will not finish today. 11 loads this week. That's up 4 from my normal 7 loads a week. That's insane! These girls got waaaaay too many new clothes, I guess. 

Alright, dinner's almost done. So, it's not the healthiest. It's not going to kill us, either. I'm happy. Little effort.  I am only serving one vegetable, though, which is unlike me. I almost always have 2, in addition to a starch and meat. Oh well. It's winter break, right? :)

Happy Meatless Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment