Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lessons in Love: Anniversary

Friday, Arthur and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. Crazy! 6 years already! It feels like it's been forever some days, and other days it feels like there's no way it's been 6 years already. :)

We spent the day with the girls. Ran errands in the morning, took the girls to McDonald's Playland for lunch. I got to go fabric shopping by myself (whoo-hoo!), then Arthur went to go running - I liked that we both fit in our hobbies. :) Then we had a movie afternoon with the girls, sandwiches for dinner, another movie with the girls and popcorn (they're favorite!). After they went to bed, Arthur and I had a movie night together. We were so exhausted by the time we went to bed! HAHA. We had thought about going out to dinner, but we knew we'd be too tired to really enjoy being out together without the kids, so we just decided to do a family day/night. It was a lot of fun. Minimal troublemaking by Iris and Lily, so that was a plus. :)

I love Arthur. I know early on in the relationship we weren't making good choices or following God's plan, but I am so thankful that God has drawn us back to Him and that we are getting involved with our church and that the girls have a good example (most of the time) from us. Regardless of our previous poor decisions, I am so thankful that now that we have children we are making the effort to make good choices and raise them in the church. I could not have asked for a better partner!

No comments:

Post a Comment