Friday, April 15, 2011

Pleasantries of Pregnancy: Checkup

I waited for 40 minutes at the OB's office on Wednesday!! I was so frustrated. Usually they are so punctual, and I'm in and out for my little checkups. Not so. I had plans to go shopping and come home before picking Iris up from school, but I had to rush around after the appointment to get the groceries bought and rush over to her school on time.

Regardless, the appointment went well. Baby's heartrate was 142. My blood pressure is still nice and low...110/60 (thank you, Mom, for the hereditary low blood pressure!). I gained another 5 pounds this month, something I was not happy about. I'm at 143. I think I've gained 35 pounds since my first visit (that's not exact but I know I was pretty low at my first OB appointment). Not cool. I know these next few weeks is when I will be retaining a lot of water and I have tended to put on several pounds in between my 2 week or weekly visits, so I'm hoping that does NOT happen this pregnancy....I'm already huge for my frame!

Baby is measuring average, according to my belly size. He was moving all around during the appointment, so he wasn't head down when the doctor felt my belly. I mentioned to the doctor that I've had some pretty painful Braxton-Hicks, something I don't remember having with the girls. He wasn't worried and said only if they are accompanied by low back pain or leaking do I need to worry. Bummer! I was hoping he'd say if they are painful then labor may be sooner than later. :) Oh well.

Overall, great visit. Everything was good or average, so I am happy. I go back in 2 weeks now (on Addy's birthday, actually!) for my next checkup. Time seems to be going so fast now! Can't wait til he's here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment