Saturday, April 2, 2011

Rejoicing in Recipes: Creamy Chicken Alfredo

This is a very quick and easy alfredo recipe I stumbled upon on Wednesday. I was just going to make some chicken breasts and put over egg noddles with cream of chicken soup and milk as a sauce/gravy. I noticed on the Meijer Cream of Chicken Soup can there was a recipe for Creamy Chicken Alfredo. I made it and turns out it is delicious! :) I plan to keep it on hand for a quick dinner on nights when we're rushing around (which tends to be much more often than it used to!). I accidentally threw out the recipe, though, so this is recalled from memory. Hopefully I'm not forgetting anything!

Creamy Chicken Alfredo

1 box (16 oz) noodles (I used the egg noodles I already had out for my original dinner idea)
2 TBSP oil (I used light olive oil)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese

Cook pasta according to directions on box. Drain and return to pan, covered with lid to keep warm.

Meanwhile, heat oil in pan and cook chicken breasts until both sides are browned and inside is mostly no longer pink. Remove chicken from pan. In same pan, stir together soup, milk, salt, pepper, and paprika. Heat to boiling and reduce heat to Medium Low, returning chicken to pan with sauce. Cook chicken in sauce until completely cooked through. Remove chicken again and slice into desired size slices/pieces. Stir cheese into sauce mix in pan. Return chicken to sauce in pan once more, and heat just until all is warmed and cheese is melted.

Serve chicken/sauce over noodles.

I served this with a salad and biscuits. I know bread and noodles and both starches, but we love pasta with a bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment