Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Rejoicing in Recipes: BBQ Shredded Chicken

Yesterday was such a weird weather day. I thought about making soup because it was so cold, but I really didn't feel like chopping the vegetables for it. :) So, I ended up using my crockpot for the 2nd day in a row ( I LOVE that thing!) and made BBQ Chicken. Very easy, so this is a short recipe. But, it's good to mix it up and do simple recipes with very few ingredients. It gives a nice break from the whole process of thinking through a new recipe or all the physical work of chopping and measuring and whatnot.

BBQ Shredded Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used the frozen ones from Meijer; actually, I only had 2 left, so I threw in 3 boneless, skinless, frozen thighs as well.)

1 bottle BBQ sauce (any brand, any variety)

1. Place frozen chicken pieces in crockpot. Set to High for 4 hours.
2. After about 3 hrs, start breaking apart chicken pieces. Pour on whole bottle of sauce. Make sure all pieces are covered in sauce. Close lid and left finish cooking.

We took the shredded chicken and put it on buns with cheese. Mmmmm. The girls just had it shredded with cheese but no bun. Very yummy. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment