Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Motherhood Mania: Timing

I am still working on my homeschool schedule. I am having trouble deciding on the right amount of time for each subject or project. I am trying to think like a 5 year old and how long it might take me to finish a worksheet. I feel like 30 minutes per subject would be good, but that we might finish early or take longer for some. So, it's starting to frustrate me. PLUS, I know as a 5 year old, Iris is going to need more teaching time from me than alone learning time. I like the idea of workboxes that some online moms talk about, but they all have at least one child older than Kindergarten. The older kids seem to have no problems doing work on their own. Their younger - kindergarten or preschool - kids need more one-on-one time and help with the pages, since they don't read. Maybe workboxes aren't the way to go just yet for us....at least not until Iris is a little older and can read some.

I feel rushed lately with getting a day to day schedule written up. BUT, I know I still have 4 1/2 months until we're starting school! :) I am just worried about the baby's arrival and cramming everything in over the summer. My plan is to take some of my lesson books and plans to the hospital to look over and work on for the 2 days I'm there after having the baby, but we'll see how well that works out. :)

For now, I need to just take a break from it. Even if I write a schedule down, I still have those 4 1/2 months to second guess myself. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment