Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Lessons in Love: Sick

Lily was up last night coughing and coughing. She ended up throwing up the phlegm in her bed. :( We brought her into our bed afterward.

We try to keep the rule of no kids sleeping with us. They are just so restless some nights, that we then get no sleep! :) And with Arthur training for races and me being pregnant, we need all the sleep we can get!

Last night, I was overly thrilled to have her in bed with us, but shortly after we laid down she rolled over and put her arm around me. :) It was the cutest thing ever! She just laid there silently with her arm around me. I know she is a big Mama's girl when it comes to EVERYTHING, but her initiating the cuddle was so cute. It made all the lack of sleep ok, in my eyes.

I love when the girls initiate affection. It makes it feel genuine and unforced. I was thinking about how God probably appreciates most when WE initiate the affection to Him - not because of a church service or because of something He has done for us....but just because we love Him. It's most genuine, feels most real, and is most satisfying I'm sure - knowing your children WANT to love you and WANT to show you is most satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment