Thursday, April 7, 2011

Rejoicing in Recipes: Bruschetta Bake

We had another meatless night for dinner last night. The fact that we are getting little sleep at night due to the girls' allergies/colds, means I am forgetful to take meat out of the freezer in time for dinner. :) Soooo, I took the Bruschetta Chicken Bake recipe from the back of the Stove Top box and made it without chicken, substituting peas instead. It was pretty tasty. Something different. I don't like a lot of basil flavor, but this I didn't mind at all.

Bruschetta Bake

1 box Stove Top stuffing, Chicken flavor
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 cup water
2 garlic cloves, chopped (i just used dried minced garlic and eyeballed it)
1 cup frozen peas
1 tsp dried basil
1 cup (or more...we love cheese) shredded Mozzarella cheese

Combine stuffing, tomatoes, water and garlic in 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle peas over top, then basil over peas. Top with cheese and bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.

I served this with a salad (I know, SHOCKING! we love salad and with the spinach being on sale often lately, we've been eating A LOT of salad the past few months) and rolls. I probably should have just done another vegetable and not the rolls, but we did have raw, cut carrots with the salad so I guess that counts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment