Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lessons in Love: A Sisterly Bond

I absolutely LOVE that my girls are close in age. I'm just starting to really see the bond between Iris and Lily. :) It's very cute.

The other day, Iris was saying she wanted to go to Red Lobster. BUT, Arthur really wanted to go to Benihana. Iris then changed her mind (because she loves to side with her Daddy) to Benihana. Lily was crying for Red Lobster. Arthur told the 2 of them to go talk about it and decide on the place for dinner. They went up to their room very seriously and we overheard them talking.

Lily (crying): "I want Wed Wobstar."
Iris: "It's ok, Lil. I'm here. I'm here. What about Benilabba?"
Lily: "Wed Wobstar. I want their shrimpies."
Iris: "Ok, Lily. I'm here. If you want Red Lobsta, we'll do Red Lobsta. Now stop crying and go tell Daddy sorry for crying. Come on, I'll go with you."

It was so adorable. Iris was talking to her so motherly and comforting. Arthur's eyes were watery because he was so touched by Iris' sensitivity to Lily. I don't think Lily really understood how nice Iris was being, giving up what she wanted so Lily would be happy, but it was so cute.

Lily did come down and Iris coaxed her again to say Sorry to Arthur. Lily apologized for crying over everything. :) My girls are adorable. I could probably take a few notes on how sensitive Iris is to Lily's crying. BUT, Lily does cry about EVERYTHING! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment