Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Rejoicing in Recipes: Herb Crusted Chicken

Ok, so there's not a whole lot of herbs in this Herb Crusted Chicken. We enjoyed it, though. I think I would use mayo instead of milk next time, though, to retain some moisture in it. It turned out slightly dry.

Herb Crusted Chicken

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts - sliced/butterflied in half
1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup flour
2 TBSP parmesan cheese, grated
1 TBSP Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup milk (think i'll try mayo instead next time)

Combine cornmeal, flour, cheese, salt and pepper, and Italian seasoning in bowl. Dip chicken pieces in milk then into dry mixture. Lay on greased (or foil-lined) baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes at 400 degrees, or until cooked through.

I served this with (gasp!) prepackaged Knorr Chicken Flavored Rice. :) I try to stay away from the prepackaged stuff, but it was swim class last night and I was rushing. LOL. We also had salad with it.

I liked the seasoning on it; I'm not a huge fan of Italian seasoning, but this amount I could handle. I was surprised as the tastiness of the cornmeal. We don't use it often (other than for cornbread!), but I liked it just as well as bread crumbs for the coating.

No comments:

Post a Comment