Saturday, March 5, 2011

Pleasantries of Pregnancy: Illnesses everywhere

I am amazed at the amount of colds and flu and illnesses everyone seems to have this winter. I have heard of 4 people I know (and are not related to each other or even know each other!) that this week have/had Strep Throat. And I keep hearing that people are getting it more than once! Seems like it's been a crazy winter for being sick. I've already had a bad cold. The girls seem to be stuffy and coughing now again this week. Arthur has a sore throat today. UGH! We clean and clean, but apparently the germs just don't care. :)

I really hope we don't end up with Strep here. Strep Throat during pregnancy would absolutely be the worst! I have never had to take antibiotics while pregnant, and I'd like to not have to start!

Today, I am 26 weeks along. Still feeling good. My tired streak has kind of gone away. I'm feeling energetic and not too achy. My hips are at the point where they ache every time I roll over at night, but I can handle that. My stomach has not been able to handle much food at one time, so that's not so great. I LOVE to eat, so having to cut back the size of my meals isn't fun at all for me!

Other than that, I'm excited for the next 10+ weeks to go by quickly. Can't wait for some warmer weather, so I can shed the winter coat and not sweat every time we get in or out of the car! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment