Friday, March 18, 2011

Rejoicing in Recipes: Another Break from Cooking!

We were able to go out to eat last night and only have to pay for the tip! $10 out of pocket!

My parents gave us a gift card for Christmas for Chiles/On the Border/Maggiano's/Macaroni Grill, plus we had another one left over from last summer for the same places. AND, I noticed we had a bunch of unused reward points on our credit card from the past 2 years, so I cashed them in for a third gift card for those restaurants. We received it by mail yesterday, so I decided we should go out to eat (I was SO not in the mood to cook after being outdoors in the morning and afternoon and exerting A LOT of energy to wipe out these girls!). We had a total of $65 in gift cards, spent only $46 of it and used cash for the tip. It was a nice break in the middle of the week, plus the girls always like going to restaurants. It's always a special treat for them, especially if they can order kid meals and not have to just split a meal with a sibling. :)

So, I have no recipe for today because my brain is fried from a busy week with Arthur home, plus all the outdoor play, plus the glucose waste of time this morning. :) Hopefully everyone gets a night off from cooking this week or weekend and can just sit and enjoy their meal with no effort. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment