Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Pleasantries of Pregnancy: Contractions

I have been having more contractions, and more painful ones, lately. I am 27 weeks and 3 days. :) Tomorrow is my glucose test. BOO! I can't eat anything after midnight tonight and I have to drink that pretty sugary drink an hour before my blood is drawn. My appointment is at 8 AM, so I have a feeling I'll be pretty hungry by the time it's over with. :)

Today, I did grocery shopping. No more walking or lifting than normal on a Tuesday, but my sciatic on both sides was killing me by lunchtime. Then, the girls had swim class tonight - more walking into the building and the locker room. UGH. My hips and sciatic were screaming by 7 pm. Arthur is out for a little bit with his brother right now, so I'm just resting with my feet up.

Nighttime is getting more painful. Rolling over has really started to hurt. And I'm still saying "Ouch" out loud every time. :) My hips pop as I turn over, which hurts too. I hope I don't sound too whiny about it all, but my midsection really is starting to be achy/painful. In the mornings, I can't put all my weight on my left leg...it doesn't hold. I have to sit down or lean against the bed to put my pants and slippers on. Today I had to actually sit down on the floor to do it. Not looking forward to more of that for the next 10+ weeks. :( My feet and hands haven't started hurting yet, so I'm happy about that. With Addy, I was feeling the arthritic symptoms about this time. Hoping those hold off a little longer, or completely. They finally went away several months after having her, and man are those painful!

Baby Artie is still very active while I'm resting. All of the girls have now felt his powerful kicks/turns. They all got so excited when he hit their hand. They finally got it, that he really was moving in there. :) Addy still likes to talk to and kiss him. It's very cute to watch.

I am hoping he doesn't want to wait til 40 weeks to arrive, but I'll take anything after 36. :) Just as long as his little body is ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment