Sunday, March 27, 2011

Motherhood Mania: Braid Bonanza

I have been french braiding the girls' hair the past few days. They love it! And I like that it does a better job than ponytails at keeping their hair out of their face for the whole day.

Their favorite thing is when we take the braids out and their hair is all crimpy. :) So, yesterday they wore braids and wanted to sleep in them and have crimpy hair for church today. BUT, we had baths to do. I ended up putting 2 braids in both Iris and Lily's wet hair, so they could wake up with crimpy hair for church. They were up late. 4 braids in under 30 minutes, though....that's pretty good for me! :) Addy had 2 braids in all day, but I didn't feel like doing another 2 in her hair before bed. A total of 10 braids done yesterday! I should open a salon. :)

They all look so cute with their braids....like little farm girls. :) I always liked whenever my Aunt Fawn would braid our hair. My hair didn't hold them very well, but my sister's hair did. I was so jealous. Lily has hair like my sister, Mindy - nice and thick and holds styles. My hair is too thin and wispy at the ends, so styling is difficult. Iris, unfortunately, has hair similar to mine. :( Not sure what Addy's hair is doing yet. I can do half braids in her hair, just to the end of the hairline, then I have to make the bottoms ponytails because her hair is still short to braid further down. She liked them, too, though, so it was fun to do!

I love having little girls to do those things with. And I love watching their reactions to the braids or the crimpiness after the braids are out. Their little giggles really warm my heart. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment