Saturday, March 5, 2011

Product Review: Purex Complete Crystals Softener

I was chosen to receive a sample (and coupon for a FREE full-sized bottle!) of the NEW Purex Complete Crystals Softener. I usually just use fabric softener sheets, but I'm willing to try anything to help with the sweaty smell of Arthur's running/athletic clothes!

So, I tried the sample bottle they gave. You add the crystals directly to the clothes/laundry while it's in the washer. Wasn't sure how that would do, since we have a front loader, but I followed the instructions anyway. :)

I was pleasantly surprised by the strength of the product's scent. It is very strong, but very nice smelling! I like the smell from fabric softener sheets, but that is only after I remove a load from the dryer. This smell was evident at the end of the wash cycle...and it didn't mix with the detergent smell to make any weird smells (another thing I worried about - mixing scents).

Here's some interesting facts Purex gave about the new Crystals Softener:
-"They are 92% natural, not oil-based like other liquid fabric softeners, so instead of coating fabrics with oil, they work by penetrating the fabric and infusing fibers with freshness that lasts for weeks, not days."
(This I can attest to, as I washed on Monday with the Crystals, and here it is Saturday and my closet still smells great like I just put the clothes away!)

-It will not coat towels with oil, so towels will retain the ability to stay fresh and absorbent.


Purex Complete Crystals Softener will also:
-Preserve flame retardant benefits in children's clothing.(a HUGE plus for us!)
-Maintain wicking abilities of athletic clothes (a BIG plus for me!)


Go HERE for more info on this new product. I have already used my free coupon they sent to get the full size bottle. I have only used the scent Fresh Spring Waters, and I love it. I imagine the other 2 scents are just as amazing!
--

No comments:

Post a Comment