Monday, February 21, 2011

Rejoicing in Recipes: Veggie Stuffing Bake

I know, I already posted a recipe today. But, since I missed a few days this weekend I figured I'd double up for today. :)

In trying to stick with my Meatless Monday thing....which is a national phenomenon, by the way (just google "Meatless Monday" and many sites come up with recipe ideas and the whole 'movement' of going meatless one day a week)...I decided to make a package of Stove Top. I LOVE Stove Top better than any homemade stuffing, but I feel like once I make it we get tired of it quickly.

Tonight, I decided to check out a recipe from the back of the box and noticed they all included chicken in them. I decided to cut out the chicken and double up on the veggies in it. So, I went with the Easy Chicken Bake and tweaked it slightly. I know, it's not the healthiest meal (hello sodium!), but it was quick and tasty and had carbs in it for my training-crazed husband. :) Mondays are rough mornings for him, as far as exercise, so I try to make extra foods for him and more carbs than usual.

Here's my Veggie Stuffing Bake:

1 package Stove Top stuffing mix
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/3 cup sour cream (I did a little bit more than 1/3 cup, as we like things very creamy here)
1 can green beans (you could use frozen; I just have tons of cans of beans)
1 can reduced-sodium whole kernel corn (again, you could use frozen here)
Mozzarella cheese, shredded

Prepare stuffing mix as directed on box. Set aside. Mix together sour cream, soup, and vegetables. Place in 13x9 inch pan. Spread stuffing over top. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over all. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until everything is heated through and cheese is completely melted.

Very tasty! I served it with a salad, raw carrots and radishes, and buttered bread. So far, only the girls and I have eaten dinner and we only got through 1/3 of the pan. It seemed to make a lot of the meal, so that's nice. Plenty for Arthur for dinner and leftovers for everyone's lunches tomorrow.

Yay for Meatless Mondays! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment