Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Favorite Food Deal of the Week: Duncan Hines Brownies and Lawry's

I have 2 favorites this week!

First, Meijer and Jewel both have Duncan Hines Brownie Mix on sale for $1.09 and $1.00, respectively. I was able to use $.50 off 1 coupons and get them for $.59 or $.50 each! I ended up buying 5 with all my coupons. The expiration dates are far enough out that I don't have to use them quickly. :) I like homemade brownies, but sometimes last minute I want to make a dessert and these mixes are very good, so I was happy to score some cheap ones and store them!

Second, the Lawry's Marinades are on sale at Jewel for $1.00 each. There are $.50 coupons for those as well. I had 3 coupons but ended up buying 4 because I wanted to try a new flavor. I figured paying the full $1.00 wasn't going to bankrupt me this week. :) We tried the Herb & Garlic flavor last night on chicken. Delicious! I will store the other 3 bottles for the next few weeks. I love being able to just pour a marinade on some meat and let it sit then throw it in the pan to cook. Very simple for those days when the day has just gotten away from us and I need a quick meal!

I also got to use up an $8 CAT at Meijer from my purchases last week, which netted me free foundation and powder. AND, I had the $3 CAT from buying all the Naturals tomatoes last week at Meijer, so I used that to get some Naturals butter (organic, unsalted sweet cream butter sticks). The butter costs $4.99 normally, and I got it for $1.99, which is still cheaper than the regular butter was on sale! So, I was happy about that! Can't wait to see if there's a taste difference between the organic and the regular that we buy.

These sales and deals end today at Meijer and Jewel, so if you're interested in scoring them you'll have to go out in the rain to get them. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment