Monday, May 9, 2011

Rejoicing in Recipes: Easy Beef Stroganoff

Friday night I had a taste for Beef Stroganoff. I couldn't find my recipe for it, so I googled and found this variation of it. Worked out well for us, since I had all the ingredients on hand. And I ended up browning extra beef to freeze and keep on hand for a quick meal of beef stroganoff after baby arrives (yes, ANOTHER make ahead freezer meal. lol).

Easy Beef Stroganoff

1 lb ground beef ( I used a combo of ground turkey and ground beef)
1 cup water
2 beef bouillon cubes
1 TBSP dried chopped onion
1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup sour cream
Pepper, to taste
8 oz noodles

Brown meat. Drain. Add water, bouillon, onion, Worcestershire, garlic powder, and soup. Stir to completely combine. Simmer 10 minutes. Add in sour cream and season with pepper. Warm through and serves over noodles (or rice).

I served it over egg noodles. We had sides of corn on the cob (I know, weird combo, but I had a taste for this, too!) and carrot sticks and green beans. Very easy and tasty. If you'll notice, there's no salt listed in the ingredients. Between the soup and the Worcestershire, it was salty enough. I wouldn't recommend seasoning with any...it might taste way too salty.

No comments:

Post a Comment