Sunday, May 22, 2011

Motherhood Mania: Pride

I was very frustrated yesterday after speaking with another mother about how smart their 6 year old is. She didn't seem interested that we are going to homeschool, but I really don't expect people to be impressed or ask tons of questions. :) I just wasnt in the mood to hear about her overly intelligent child. I tried to brag about my Iris, but she kept shooting me down with how much more her kid knows. I quit trying to brag.

We, as mothers, I think, have a tendency to share all we can about how great our kids are, but I HATE competing with other moms to do so. I'd rather just shut my mouth and act interested in what they're saying.

My girls are great. Are they the smartest? Probably not. Are they the dumbest? Nope. Do I really care how they compare to others? NO. I'd rather they just learn at their own pace and retain what they want and be happy about learning.

I don't know why I care about what other parents say about their kids. I guess I expect others to be impressed when I talk about MY kids, so it's natural for me to "care" about their kids' intelligence levels.

Regardless, I'm over it (sort of). :) I love my kids and I love that they want to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment