Thursday, May 12, 2011

Rejoicing in Recipes: Easy Meatballs

It was too hot to really heat the stove or oven for dinner, so I waited until the last possible moment to make it last night. I ended up going with turkey meatballs, using a recipe I have in a book. So fast and easy. I wish I had made more of them, actually.

Easy Meatballs

1 lb meat (ground beef, ground turkey, whatever)
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
Dried Parsley (no measurement here, but the book's measurement is 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley)
1 egg
2 tsp garlic powder

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil. Mix all ingredients together. Shape into balls (big or small or whatever size you'd like. I ended up with 15 medium sized) and place on foil-lined baking sheet. Bake 15 or 20 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.

I served this with a side of Birds Eye Steamfresh rice and veggie mix. (I love the Birds Eye Steamfresh packages, by the way. There are no additives or preservatives. It's just the veggies and rice listed in the "ingredients". And it's super fast to steam them in the microwave!) We also had green beans and a salad. The girls LOVE tomatoes on their salad, so we cut up some plum tomatoes to go on top. :) I love that they'll eat practically anything!

We've also had these meatballs with pasta before, and I made a white sauce to go over the meat and pasta both. That's also tasty. It was just too hot to make the pasta and sauce last night, and a side salad sounded much cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment