Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Motherhood Mania: Freezer Meals

I am behind on preparing freezer meals for when baby is born. I had this big plan to get several days worth of meals ready and frozen, so we can just bake them when we need them once we're home from the hospital. This did not work out....yet.

I am grocery shopping today, so hopefully I can get a decent amount of the fresh ingredients I need to make a few of the meals tomorrow.

At the church I grew up in, there was a thing where ladies of the church would bring a meal to the families that had new babies. And my family (immediate and extended) always brought food to each other when one of the family members had a baby. Now that I don't live close by, I'm kind of sad that my family can't bring me food (they are all GOOD cooks!). One of my cousins did make me a lasagna when I had Iris and gave it to my mom to bring out to us, and it was delicious. But, she lives 1 1/2 hours away, so I don't really think she'd be able to do that again. And I don't think our church has anything like my parents' church with the bringing of meals to families. Plus, I think it'd be weird if I asked about it....like I was looking for someone to make me food. :) LOL.

Anyway, this is my partial list of freezer meals I'd like to have done in the next few weeks. The cooking part won't be hard, and now that we have our upright freezer we have the space for them. It's just the part of shelling out the extra money over the next couple of weeks to get the ingredients. I suppose saving that money in a few weeks when I don't do any major shopping will make up for it. So, pray for me while I stress out over this for the next week or two. :)

Breakfasts:
Breakfast burritos
Cinnamon Rolls
Coffee Cake - mine
Country Morning Coffee Cake - from a blog
Muffins (blueberry, chocolate chip, apple, banana - maybe not ALL those kinds but at least 2 of them)

Dinners:
Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Green Rice Casserole
Cheesy Potato Casserole
Pizza Burgers (16 of them, I think; this will be good for lunches, too)
Bean Burritos
Chicken or Pork Burritos
Lasagna Casserole (less prep-intense than regular lasagna)

So, I know that looks like a lot of meals. And it probably is way more than we'll need. If my recovery time is like my other 3 deliveries, I should be up and cooking or baking by a week after. BUT, since I've never had 4 kids :), I really don't know how I'll feel physically or emotionally.

I am starting to stress about food prices and I feel like I'm running out of time for things. I wanted to make freezer jam as well and make curtains for the girls window to block out the early morning sun. I haven't done either. Time to just breathe and get done what I can without stressing out everyone around me too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment