Monday, May 2, 2011

Pleasantries of Pregnancy: 35 weeks!!

I am 35 weeks and 2 days! I feel like I'm holding my breath, just waiting for that 36 week mark this coming Saturday. :)

Nothing new as far as my belly....other than it's STILL growing! I go back to the doctor on May 9, so we'll see about weight gain then; I quit weighing myself here at home several months ago. Every time I weighed myself, I either didn't like what I was reading (lol) or it was way off from the doctor's scale!

At night, it has become very painful to roll over. I thought I found a comfortable way of doing it - not bending my knees too much and just kind of sliding my rear over and then tipping my body. That stopped being comfortable as of Saturday night. For some reason now, even that way of doing it hurts. So, I just say "ouch" and grunt while I throw my body over to the other side. :)

And now I'm getting up twice at night to use the bathroom! What is THAT about?! I don't remember doing that with any of the other 3 pregnancies! Such an inconvenience. :) BUT, it's all just to bring our little boy into this world, so I guess I'm ok with it.

Contractions are still growing more and more intense. I did have one night where I had 3 contractions in 20 minutes, but it was right after we got the girls in bed and I was starting to settle down on the couch....so I assumed it was just from running around all crazy with baths and getting the girls down. The 3 contractions were it - no other ones any time soon after that, so I didn't worry.

Arthur is still working on timing my breathing and practicing the 3 types of breathing with me - early labor, intermediate and active labor breathing. It really helped last time in delivery, so I want to be sure I use it again this time as long as possible. I still need to work on my focal point thing. I get too distracted when we practice because there's too many distractions here with the girls or the TV (I know, we should turn it off!) or housework. BUT, I'm confident I'll just stare at the clock in the delivery room like last time. I don't even notice the time or the numbers or anything, but the clock in there was a good height for my eyes to stare at.  And if that will keep me from focusing on the pain, I'll take it! :)

So, I'm actively counting down the days/weeks til this boy arrives. I can't wait to feel a little relief in my belly and diaphragm, as well as hold a beautiful new life in my arms. Something God has allowed Arthur and I to create and bring into this world! SO EXCITING!

No comments:

Post a Comment