Monday, May 2, 2011

Rejoicing in Recipes: Sopapilla Cheesecake

Yes, I have been posting WAY more recipes lately than updates on our daily activity. I have just come across so many new and yummy recipes from other moms' blogs and my favorite recipe sites.

Saturday when our friends were over, I made a Sopapilla Cheesecake. I was looking for something easy but not the usual cookie or cake. AND, I didn't want to spend forever making it. I had two packages of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls I was going to use this week to make wrapped hot dogs with, but instead I googled "cinnamon sugar crescent rolls" to see if I could find some kind of sugary dessert to make with them. I came across a few recipes for making cinnamon sugar twists, but then I noticed a cheesecake that is made using crescent rolls. Maybe I'm the only one that had never heard of this, but I was very intrigued! :)

So, HERE is the direct link to the recipe I used. I will also post it below. Very easy. Very yummy. Not at all healthy, but very worth the calories and fat! :) I liked it warm, but I'm also enjoying the leftovers cold!

Sopapilla Cheesecake (or Cinnamon Crescent Rolls, as it's called at the link)

2 cans crescent rolls (16 rolls)
2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese
1 egg, separated
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. sugar
Cinnamon to suit your taste (I used 1 tsp with the 1/2 cup sugar)

Spray a 9"x13" pan with Pam. Spread 1 can of crescent rolls in bottom of pan. Mix cream cheese, egg yolk, 3/4 cup sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth and spread over rolls. Layer second can of rolls on top. Spread egg white on top of rolls.Mix 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle on top and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. 10 servings.

So GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment