Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Motherhood Mania: Frozen

Why is it that kids don't cooperate on the days when you NEED their cooperation most? I don't understand it. I wasn't acting stressed or all grouchy this morning, so I thought for sure we'd have a good and easy time getting down for naps. WRONG! A former neighbor was around to do some work on their rental (their old house). She and I are about 2 1/2 weeks apart with our due dates, and I haven't seen her in FOREVER! We sat outside and chatted. I had laid the girls down but apparently they never slept. Lily and Iris crept outside while we were out there. My friend and her son left shortly after, so I got the girls back inside to lie down again. Addy had fallen asleep in her crib in the meantime and us coming back inside woke her up. I calmed her down and got the other 2 in beds. Then, everyone decides they have to use the bathroom twice each. Addy fell asleep again and was again woken up. I just went up to discipline Lily because she had the blinds open...and Addy was trying to fall back to asleep yet again. Iris is whining that she's bored. I just want to get some food made and frozen! Is that too much to ask?! :)

Regardless of the non-napping, I did get some breakfast items made and in the freezer this morning.

12 banana muffins
11 cran-apple muffins (it was 12, but i ate one. lol)
16 breakfast burritos (the recipe said it made 24, but i didn't want to skimp on the filling)

I put 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the crockpot this morning around 9:30 to cook for 6 hours, so they would be easy to shred for casseroles. They were done about an hour ago (not even 6 hours, but they were falling apart, so I figured that was good enough!). I shredded two and put it in the Green Rice Casserole. I just covered and labeled that and put it in the upright freezer in the garage. I am debating if I should just use the other 2 chicken breasts for tonight's meal or use the ground turkey that is thawing right now. I might just use the ground turkey to make more pizza burgers and freeze them. Those are easy, and I'm starting to get really tired....so anything easy is looking mighty appealing for the next freezer meal. :)

For dinner, I don't even know what I'm making. Maybe this Chicken Bake I got out of the America's Cheapest Family book. It's simple, too.....uses canned cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soups and a few other items. I could double it and freeze one, since I stocked up on those "cream of" soups last week.

Tomorrow, I'd like to make a huge batch of Steve's Killer Pancakes (also from the Cheapest Family book)....the recipes makes 48. We could have some for breakfast and I could freeze the rest. Just worried about how long it'll take me in the morning to make all 48. I guess I could just make enough for breakfast, take a break to eat, then finish after Arthur leaves.Who knows. I feel like I'm over-thinking this whole make ahead thing. :)

Ok, it's quiet right now. I should probably just lie down and not make any kitchen noise, so they can all rest (and me too!). It's so gorgeous outside. I wish I had the energy to plant my veggie seeds now. I can hardly bend down long enough to pour dirt into the pots. I wanted to make a raised garden bed this year, since our soil is awful and the patio area's soil never drains. Unless I can convince Arthur to make one, I don't see it happening. AND, I really don't see him making one. :) I guess I can just do big planters/pots again. One of my big ones is cracked, though, so I need to replace it. Then, there's the dirt I have to buy. And then deciding which couple of veggies to grow. Oh, and I really want to check out the farmer's market this Saturday in town. It is the first weekend for it, and I wonder if they'll have any tomato plants for sale yet.

I'm getting carried away. One thing at a time. For now, I need to decide on dinner and finish using up the meats that are out thawing or cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment