Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Rejoicing in Recipes: Cheeseburger Meatloaf

I usually don't post recipes before I've tried them, but this one seemed pretty good, with no surprise flavors. We're having it for dinner tonight.

A few changes I made:
I'm using 1.4 lbs of ground beef because that's the size I had frozen. :) I am using BBQ sauce instead of chili sauce because I don't really like chili sauce, and I have several bottles of BBQ sauce on hand.

I am serving this with corn on the cob and zucchini. I am very excited to have the vegetables! I love spring and summer, when great tasting corn and zucchini are available!

Cheeseburger Meatloaf

1 lb. ground beef
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3/4 cup uncooked regular oats
1/2 cup milk
2 Tbsp. minced onion
1 large egg
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 dry mustard
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 cup chili sauce (or bbq sauce)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine first 11 ingredients in a large bowl; stir just until blended. Shape mixture into a loaf, and place in an ungreased 8×4-inch loaf pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Pour chili sauce over meat loaf, and bake 15-30 more minutes or until meat is no longer pink in center. Let stand for 10 minutes. Drain and cut into 8 slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment